What is Maskne?
Maskne is when the area of the face is regularly in contact with a face mask and as a result of the constant friction from the mask you develop acne. With the massive increase in mask-wearing across all sectors of society, maskne is becoming more and more well-known.
The science behind maskne is that when you breathe or talk your face covering tends to trap in a lot of hot air and it’s frankly an ideal setting for yeast, bacteria and other microorganisms to grow. The friction from your mask can encourage acne. It’s that simple this is where the term maskne
How can this be treated or prevented?
Prevention is better than cure right? Following these steps could be the answer to your prayers
- Use a Non- comedogenic cleanser (in other words a cleanser that isn't pore clogging)
- Investing in a good gentle cleanser
- Invest in a moisturiser that will boost your hydration levels
- Invest in a product that will help form the skin's barrier eg niacinamide and ceramides
- Stay away from physical scrubs....(no brainer!)
- This one you may not like but.... here goes..... reduce the frequency of makeup worn (runs away...)
Why dont you check out our sensitive and acne management kits... oh and because you've made it all the way to the end of this blog you get 10% off... Click here